Formerly known as Arnewood Towers, Arnewood Court was the home of Andrew Peterson who built Sway Tower and other concrete experiments in the grounds. Building work commenced on the tower in 1870. It was made from unreinforced concrete, advanced technology for the time, and is still the tallest unreinforced concrete building in the world. The image on the right shows the tower in about 1905. The walls along the left hand side were among other concrete structures built by Peterson.
The gallery below has more information and images of Arnewood Court and Sway Tower.