Boldre Grange is a mock-Tudor property designed by the fashionable architect R Norman Shaw in 1874. Norman Shaw designed a wing of Walhampton for John Heseltine and was a prolific designer of country houses and buildings in London. It was built for John Lane Shrubb, who was born in 1840 to Rev Charles Shrubb, vicar of Boldre, and his wife Charlotte. After his marriage, John and his wife Sibylla moved first into Rodleaze (or Rodlease) House, prior to having Boldre Grange built.
Later owned by the Perkins family, the house was requisitioned during the War to house children from London and was called ‘The Paddington Day Nurseries’. It has since been converted into flats.