estate - passford
Black and white aerial photograph of Passford House. LMGLM:2000.21.9

Passford House  was known as The Mount in the early part of the 20th century when it was occupied by Lord Arthur Cecil (half-brother of the Marquis of Salisbury) who was well-known for his work on improving the breed of New Forest ponies.  

The house was requisitioned during  World War II as a convalescent home for troops. In 1946 the Cecil family sold the house, which was converted into a hotel.

Share this:

Follow us on social media or join our newsletter

https://twitter.com/StBarbeMuseum

Get in touch with St Barbe

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.