100 High Street
Baker and confectioner Joseph Hookey had a shop here in the 1830s and again in the 1860s, followed by Eli Bollock in the 1870s. Frank Bran set up a fish, game, poultry and ice store in the 1910s which was taken over by MacFisheries in the 1930s. A little later it hosted a model shop run by Teddy Tuckerman. It is now Scrivens.
101 High Street
Edward Peat and Henry Badcock both ran chemist shops from here in the 19th century. While Henry operated the chemists, his wife kept a school for girls and boys above the shop. The building became a sports and travel goods store run by Fred Weeks (previously of No 26) from 1927 who also sold fireworks for bonfire night. It is now New Forest Cottages.
102 High Street
H St Barbe moved his solicitors’ business to this building from No 72 in the 1890s. The building, along with No 103, was bought by Midland Bank in the 1930s, which is now part of HSBC.
103 High Street
Butcher William Gatrell had a shop here from the 1840s to the 1890s, followed by WJ Snook & Son and J Topp, all butchers.