130 High Street
George Goffe & Co (bootmaker), Mrs J Fifett (tobacconist), Jane Welton (fancy repository and post office), Mrs M Burton (leather seller), the Sunlight Dye Works and Hughes (fried fish) are just some of the businesses that have operated from here. The Barnes family took over the chip shop from 1954-75. It is now Deep Blue.
131 High Street
Also known as ‘The Retreat’, this building has principally been a residence. Since the 1980s its use has been combined with No 130.
132 High Street
This 18th century town house was once the home of the Oviat family, who had fishing fleets in Newfoundland. They would export fish hooks and salt from Lymington and bring back Mediterranean wine. From 1831 it became the presbytery of the Catholic priest and in 1859 Joseph Weld of Pylewell had a church built in the yard immediately behind the building, for the growing Roman Catholic community. A Roman Catholic school was also built in 1859, behind the church. The school was replaced, then extended and finally relocated to Pennington in 2003.