58-59

58 High Street

Known as Pilgrims, this is another mainly residential building and perhaps a 17th century house, with sash windows inserted at a later date. It was briefly occupied by a boarding school run by Isaac Withers in 1825. According to Edward King, writing in 1972, it had ‘a beautiful garden – one of the best in Lymington’. The owner of the house in the 1950s had a heated greenhouse used for growing orchids.

59 High Street

E Baskett, carpenter, joiner and undertaker, ran his business from here in the late 1800s, followed by WH Farr in the 1950s. It is now known as Courtyard House and is a holiday let.

Share this:

Follow us on social media or join our newsletter

Get in touch with St Barbe

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.