66-67

high street

66-67 High Street

R Footner, upholsterer and auctioneer, operated out of these buildings in the 1840s. By the 1860s the building was a bank, run by George Foster St Barbe who had taken the business over from his father Charles. Caroline St Barbe took over the bank until the 1910s, when it became Capital & Counties Bank. That bank was taken over by Lloyds in 1918 and the building now hosts Nationwide Building Society.

Share this:

Follow us on social media or join our newsletter

Get in touch with St Barbe

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.