60 High Street
Henry Aldridge, dairyman and tea dealer, was based here in the 1880s, then the estate agents Hewitt & Co in the 1920s. In about 1905 the furniture company C Ford & Co took over the adjoining buildings, moving into No 60 sometime after. This shop closed in 1992, the business in 1997. Willow now occupies this and the adjoining building.
61-62 High Street
Now Willow, this Regency building started life as a grocery business run by Richard Gibbs, a master tea dealer, in the 1840s and 1850s. The next owner was Henry Lamble, who continued the grocery business into the late 1890s. Furnisher Charles Ford & Co took over the building in 1905, running it alongside their store at 47-48 St Thomas Street.